• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lemniscate

lemniscate

I finished the pom molasses.  It went well, excluding an end of day incident which I might put in the "I Will Never Again" thread.

I reduced 7 quarts of fresh pom juice (neighbors), 1 quart of lemon juice (my tree, canned last year) and I'm guessing 1 to 1 1/4 cups of sugar to 1 pint of molasses.

It's dark, pungent sweet and sour.   I might have went slightly into the caramel range, due to "my incident", but I am happy with the results.  This stuff is dense.

I still have another 3 quarts of fresh juice for drinking.

IMG_8663.jpg

IMG_8662.jpg

lemniscate

lemniscate

I finished the pom molasses.  It went well, excluding an end of day incident which I might put in the "I Will Never Again" thread.

I reduced 7 quarts of fresh pom juice (neighbors), 1 quart of lemon juice (my tree, canned last year) and I'm guessing 1 to 1 1/4 cups of sugar to 1 pint of molasses.

It's dark, pungent sweet and sour.   I might have went slightly in to the caramel range, due to "my incident", but I am happy with the results.  This stuff is dense.

I still have another 3 quarts of fresh juice for drinking.

IMG_8663.jpg

IMG_8662.jpg