• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Darienne

Darienne

Three sets of jars filled.  And each set bringing a new small chaos to be dealt with as I struggle to learn a new skill.   Thanks again, @teonzo.

And yesterday Ed halved and peeled 5 pounds of cooking onions and I sent them through the food processor slicer (thanks, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome for having me learn all the incredible things my food processor will do that I always did by hand like a Luddite).  I am always stunned by how small an amount is collected from how large an amount after the liquid is all gone.  

And now neighbors come to collect grapes and soon it will be apples we start working on.    And then other neighbors will come and collect apples...ones who don't want to make grape jelly.  And in the meantime, hordes of cherries...no I don't know what kind...are left for the birds.   

ps.  I am of course not thanking teonzo for the chaos, but rather for the sound advice.  The chaos is mine alone.

Darienne

Darienne

Three sets of jars filled.  And each set bringing a new small chaos to be dealt with as I struggle to learn a new skill.   Thanks again, @teonzo.

And yesterday Ed halved and peeled 5 pounds of cooking onions and I sent them through the food processor slicer (thanks, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome for having me learn all the incredible things my food processor will do that I always did by hand like a Luddite).  I am always stunned by how small an amount is collected from how large an amount after the liquid is all gone.  

And now neighbors come to collect grapes and soon it will be apples we start working on.    And then other neighbors will come and collect apples...ones who don't want to make grape jelly.  And in the meantime, hordes of cherries...no I don't know what kind...are left for the birds.   

Darienne

Darienne

Three sets of jars filled.  And each set bringing a new small chaos to be dealt with as I struggle to learn a new skill.