• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Smithy

Smithy

Trying to straighten out convoluted sentences

10 minutes ago, Shelby said:

Oh shoot!  I HATE it when stuff like this happens.

Yah. I THINK it's good that the jar the broke landed on the tiles. That's probably why it broke, but it was easier to clean up than if it had broken on the wood. The one that landed on the wooden floor didn't break. Who knows? At any rate, there are a couple of jars of tomato jam destined to live in the refrigerator and become bruschetta topping (or something similar) soon. I say "jam" because this batch of salsa is really sweet and thick.

Smithy

Smithy

7 minutes ago, Shelby said:

Oh shoot!  I HATE it when stuff like this happens.

Yah. I THINK it's good that the jar the broke landed on the tiles. That's probably why it broke. The one that landed on the wood floor would have been more of a mess to clean up if it had broken, but maybe it didn't break because of the wood. Who knows? At any rate, there are a couple of jars of tomato jam destined to live in the refrigerator and become bruschetta topping (or something similar) soon. I say "jam" because this batch of salsa is really sweet and thick.