• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

SLB

SLB

Pumpkin is *really* not my favorite vegetable, but unlike most of the other winter squash, it is nice and low-carb, so:  

IMG_3495.JPG.d6be45f0cb4d72f491683f8d9d21dff4.JPG

Pickle-palooza.  Plus one got roasted for ravioli.  Cause I definitely do like pumpkin ravioli.  [Really, I like any ravioli . . . .]  

One thing -- the first time I ever bought pumpkin for savory eating -- 1995 or so in Somerville, MA -- they were 25 cents apiece.  Now, at 1-2$/pound, I just can't think of them as a cheap vegetable anymore.  

SLB

SLB

Pumpkin is *really* not my favorite vegetable, but unlike most of the other winter squash, it is nice and low-carb, so:  

Pickle-palooza.  Plus one got roasted for ravioli.  Cause I definitely do like pumpkin ravioli.  [Really, I like any ravioli . . . .]  

One thing -- the first time I ever bought pumpkin for savory eating -- 1995 or so in Cambridge, MA -- they were 25 cents apiece.  Now, at 1-2$/pound, I just can't think of them as a cheap vegetable anymore.  

SLB

SLB

One thing -- the first time I ever bought pumpkin for savory eating -- 1995 or so in Cambridge, MA -- they were 25 cents apiece.  Now, at 1-2$/pound, I just can't think of them as a cheap vegetable anymore.  

IMG_3488.JPG