• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

curls

curls

1 hour ago, Shelby said:

@HungryChris  I've been up since 3 this morning so forgive me if this is a dumb question--I'm a little loopy lol.  I bought a bunch of mushrooms yesterday so I can make your marinated ones today (our hunter comes next week and I think he'll love them).  I have a bunch of the marinade (brine? juice? lol) left in my jar.  Do you ever re-use it or should I just start from scratch?

Probably best to wait for HungryChris to reply but I'm pretty sure he has re-used the marinade/brine for his marinated mushrooms.

The hunter is returning, more posts in @Shelby's hunting blog!!!

curls

curls

1 hour ago, Shelby said:

@HungryChris  I've been up since 3 this morning so forgive me if this is a dumb question--I'm a little loopy lol.  I bought a bunch of mushrooms yesterday so I can make your marinated ones today (our hunter comes next week and I think he'll love them).  I have a bunch of the marinade (brine? juice? lol) left in my jar.  Do you ever re-use it or should I just start from scratch?

Probably best to wait for HungryChris to reply but I'm pretty sure he has re-use the marinade/brine for his marinated mushrooms.

The hunter is returning, more posts in @Shelby's hunting blog!!!