• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

haresfur

haresfur

32 minutes ago, Smithy said:

From this:

20181007_110718.jpg

The jelly is wonderfully tart, not too sweet, and has the gorgeous color promised. The chutney may need a bit of heat added, according to my darling, but we can do that at the table. There remains enough chopped apples and pecans to make some nice small pie fillings if I get to them. I may just eat that for breakfast instead.

Thanks for the suggestions, folks.

The traditional use for excess (or stolen) crabapples is to throw them at cars and run away.

Source: my youth

ETA: or epic crabapple fights with your friends

haresfur

haresfur

29 minutes ago, Smithy said:

From this:

20181007_110718.jpg

The jelly is wonderfully tart, not too sweet, and has the gorgeous color promised. The chutney may need a bit of heat added, according to my darling, but we can do that at the table. There remains enough chopped apples and pecans to make some nice small pie fillings if I get to them. I may just eat that for breakfast instead.

Thanks for the suggestions, folks.

The traditional use for excess (or stolen) crabapples is to throw them at cars and run away.

Source: my youth