• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

kayb

kayb

7 hours ago, Anna N said:

Once again I forgot the damn chilis.  But when I open the bag tomorrow I will add some Korean pepper threads as I did last time and I’m sure they will be fine.   Nice thought on slicing them so you could add them to rice.  It’s not often that I find a recipe that is so simple and yet so good.

I don't know why I'm even commenting, since I don't care for celery. But would gochujang paste be good in this?

It also strikes me that it would be good to do this with peeled, hardboiled eggs. Maybe not pull a very hard vacuum, to avoid deforming the eggs? Thoughts? That one really intrigues me. May have to experiment.

kayb

kayb

7 hours ago, Anna N said:

Once again I forgot the damn chilis.  But when I open the bag tomorrow I will add some Korean pepper threads as I did last time and I’m sure they will be fine.   Nice thought on slicing them so you could add them to rice.  It’s not often that I find a recipe that is so simple and yet so good.

I don't know why I'm even commenting, since I don't care for celery. But would gochujang paste be good in this?