• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

It's only the beginning of kumquat season so they are still hard to find (or expensive). But I've been having a craving for bitter citrus marmalade. The closest thing I can find right now is calmondins (aka calamansi) which I finally decided to experiment with. I received a Buddha's Hand in my CSA this week, so I decided to improvise and make a Calamondin & Buddha's Hand marmalade. I also used the juice of half a dozen clementines.

It was a small batch and I cooked it in my large jam pot, and it was the fastest marmalade I've ever made. It was set in less than 30 minutes.

Calamondins and Buddha's Hand from Specialty Produce

Calamondin & Buddha's Hand marmalade

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

It's only the beginning of kumquat season so they are still hard to find (or expensive). But I've been having a craving for bitter citrus marmalade. The closest thing I can find right now are calmondins (aka calamansi) which I finally decided to experiment with. I received a Buddha's Hand in by CSA this week, so I decided to improvise and make a Calamondin & Buddha's Hand marmalade. I also used the juice of half a dozen clementines.

It was a small batch and I cooked it in my large jam pot, and it was the fastest marmalade I've ever made. It was set in less than 30 minutes.

Calamondins and Buddha's Hand from Specialty Produce