• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

added a picture

Christine Ferber's Quince Christmas jelly (with orange, lemon, cardamom, cinnamon). This was a very small test batch with a single pineapple quince. I cooked it briefly (10 minutes, without checking the temperature - I have since watched a couple of her videos and she seems to boil her jams much more vigorously than I do) and it doesn't seem to have completely set (let's call it a "soft set"...), so I am giving it a few days before I try it. I did thoroughly lick the pot however, and it was really delicious then.

Quince jelly

Quince jelly / Gelée de Noël

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

Christine Ferber's Quince Christmas jelly (with orange, lemon, cardamom, cinnamon). This was a very small test batch with a single pineapple quince. I cooked it briefly (10 minutes, without checking the temperature - I have since watched a couple of her videos and she seems to boil her jams much more vigorously than I do) and it doesn't seem to have completely set (let's call it a "soft set"...), so I am giving it a few days before I try it. I did thoroughly lick the pot however, and it was really delicious then.