• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ninagluck

ninagluck

Anna, I use it wherever a recipe calls for salted lemons. I love to put it in mash, oriental stews, in marinades, couscous, let your mind flow........

recipe; 5 lemons, cut in slices, mix with 4 tbsp seasalt, cover, freeze overnight. next day, defrost for 15 min, place them in a pot with 5 garlic gloves, 1/2 cinnamon bark, 1 red chili, 1/2 staranis, 1 bayleaf, 1/2 tsp roasted cumin seeds, 1 tbsp sugar, 150 ml oliveoil. cover and let it simmer for 45 min. cool it a bit, take out anis and cinnamon and bay, mix, put it in a container, cover with oil, enjoy!

ninagluck

ninagluck

Anna, I use it werever a recipe calls for salted lemons. I love to put it in mash, oriental stews, in marinades, couscous, let your mind flow........

recipe; 5 lemons, cut in slices, mix with 4 tbsp seasalt, cover, freeze overnight. next day, defrost for 15 min, place them in a pot with 5 garlic gloves, 1/2 cinnamon bark, 1 red chili, 1/2 staranis, 1 bayleaf, 1/2 tsp roasted cumin seeds, 1 tbsp sugar, 150 ml oliveoil. cover and let it simmer for 45 min. cool it a bit, take out anis and cinnamon and bay, mix, put it in a container, cover with oil, enjoy!