• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

naguere

naguere

Saurkraut, on the 9th Sep I set up 5 Kg of white cabbage... it is blipping away in my kitchen in a traditional Kraut-pot, as it is the first time for me it is thrilling.

after six weeks I will remove a fifth of it and put it in the fridge to be used, the pot then put in my garage , with the cooler weather it will sit out there until i need to replenish my fridge store. seasoning is salt, juniper and caraway, oh, and a large apple (sliced) along with a large glass of good white  wine.

Shop bought is fine, but as it is always pasteurized it lacks the probiotic thing.

naguere

naguere

Saurkraut, on the 9th Sep I set up 5 Kg of white cabbage... it is blipping away in my kitchen in a traditional Kraut-pot, as it is the first time for me it is thrilling.

after six weeks I will remove a fifth of it and put it in the fridge to be used, the pot then put in my garage , with the cooler weather it will sit out there until i need to replenish my fridge store. seasoning is salt, juniper and caraway, oh, and a large apple (sliced) along with a large glass of good white  wine.

Shop bought is fine, but as it is always pasteurized it lacks the probiotic thing.