• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElainaA

ElainaA

Lots of pickles here. I wish these were all cukes from my garden but, sadly, the squash vine borers did in the plants before I had enough cukes so a trip to the farmer's market was necessary.  The sweet pickles and beans were made yesterday.

DSC01522.jpg

Dill spears, mixed mustard pickles ( I would not be allowed in my brother's house at Christmas if I didn't bring some of these) sweet pickles - a new recipe so something of an unknown quantity, pickled beans with rosemary, oregano, garlic and red pepper flakes and  hamburger relish using the recipe that @FauxPas posted up this thread. The recipe says to let the relish age 3 months before using it - I'm not sure I will wait quite that long.

Here are the vegetables for the mustard pickles, just starting to cook:

DSC01520.jpg

ElainaA

ElainaA

Lots of pickles here. I wish these were all cukes from my garden but, sadly, the squash vine borers did in the plants before i had enough cukes so a trip to the farmer's market was necessary. 

DSC01522.jpg

Dill spears, mixed mustard pickles ( I would not be allowed in my brother's house at Christmas if I didn't bring some of these) sweet pickles - a new recipe so something of an unknown quantity, pickled beans with rosemary, oregano, garlic and red pepper flakes and  hamburger relish using the recipe that @FauxPas posted up this thread. Ther ecipe says to let the relish age 3 months before using it - I'm not sure I will wait quite that long.

Here are the vegetables for the mustard pickles, just starting to cook:

DSC01520.jpg