• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

RWood

RWood

17 minutes ago, rotuts said:

@RWood 

looks terrific !

Im keen to learn how you do this

inc.  jars , etc

thanks

The jars came from an Amazon returns kinda place (I think they are actually boba tea related). I liked them because they were tall. 
The pickling is brine is 1 cup vinegar, 1 cup water, 2 Tbs sugar, 1 Tbs salt. You’ll have to determine how much you need for the about of asparagus you have. Then pack asparagus in jars with sliced shallot, garlic clove and dill. I added a pinch of chili flakes and black peppercorns. Pour hot brine over and then refrigerate overnight.  These are just refrigerator type, not processed. 

RWood

RWood

5 minutes ago, rotuts said:

@RWood 

looks terrific !

Im keen to learn how you do this

inc.  jars , etc

thanks

The jars came from an Amazon returns kinda place (I think they are actually boba tea related). I liked them because they were tall. 
The pickling is brine is 1 cup vinegar, 1 cup water, 2 Tbs sugar, 1 Tbs salt. Then pack asparagus in jars with sliced shallot, garlic clove and dill. I added a pinch of chili flakes and black peppercorns. Pour hot brine over and then refrigerate overnight.  These are just refrigerator type, not processed.