• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Jacksoup

Jacksoup

Spelling

I’ve taken a one day break from canning and dehydrating citrus.  Been using an Ina Garten recipe for the orange marmalade, it’s rather hands off and doesn’t require removing the pith.  But you have to start one day and let it sit overnight, then boil and can.  I’m over it for the moment.  I’ve got 12 pints, 30 half pints and 8 lemon ginger marmalade.  And 30 zip locks of dehydrated lemons.  I think we’ll avoid scurvy this year

A67D2E26-A2EC-4CF7-9AA9-5F0944783A81.jpeg

Jacksoup

Jacksoup

I’ve taken a one day break from canning and dehydrating citrus.  Been using an Ina Garten recipe for the orange marmalade, it’s rather hands off and doesn’t require removing the pith.  But you have to start one day and let it sit overnight, then boil and can.  I’m over to for the moment.  I’ve got 12 pints, 30 half pints and 8 lemon ginger marmalade.  And 30 zip locks of dehydration lemons.  I think we’ll avoid scurvy this year

A67D2E26-A2EC-4CF7-9AA9-5F0944783A81.jpeg