• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

Corrected name of peppers

I lost my semi-dehydrated tomatoes when we were without power for three days so I re-did them and froze a bunch of fresh ones too.  They are handy when you only need one or two.

Today I made apple butter from my in-laws apple trees.  They have some really old apple trees, no one knows what kind they are but the apples make terrific apple butter.  I freeze it in 1/4 cup portions in muffin tins.  Goes well with pork.

Today I also made almost 4 quarts/litres of hot sauce, made using Sugar Rush Peach Peppers.

20181024_195944.jpg

20181024_200004.jpg

ElsieD

ElsieD

I lost my semi-dehydrated tomatoes when we were without power for three days so I re-did them and froze a bunch of fresh ones too.  They are handy when you only need one or two.

Today I made apple butter from my in-laws apple trees.  They have some really old apple trees, no one knows what kind they are but the apples make terrific apple butter.  I freeze it in 1/4 cup portions in muffin tins.  Goes well with pork.

Today I also made almost 4 quarts/litres of hot sauce, made using Sugar Rush Peppers.

20181024_195944.jpg

20181024_200004.jpg