• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Wild_Yeast

Wild_Yeast

I found some very green mangoes at the Asian Market today, I got 4 large ones to make pickled mangoes, just looking at them is making me pucker. Gonna soak the peeled and sliced flesh in brine for 24 hrs. drain then pickle in a sugar solution for a week. I placed a pop can next to it just to show how humongous these things are. image.jpeg

Wild_Yeast

Wild_Yeast

I found some very green mangoes at the Asian Market today, I got 4 large ones to make pickled mangoes, just looking at them is making me pucker. Gonna soak the peeled and sliced flesh in brine for 24 hrs. drain then pickle in a sugar solution for a week. I placed a pop can next to it just to show how humongous these things are. image.jpeg

image.jpeg