• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Julia Child - Cooking with Master Chefs

Shel_B

Julia Child visits sixteen nationally acclaimed master chefs in their own kitchens. Each chef demonstrates distinct techniques, regional recipes, and culinary tips which guide home cooks through their favorite recipes. This show is streaming on PBS.  Not all sixteen episodes are available (at least in my market).

I saw the episode with a young, more serious and reserved, Emeril Lagasse ... quite a different personality than on Food Network.

http://www.pbs.org/show/julia-child-cooking-master-chefs/

• Like 2

... Shel

I saw the splash screen for the episode with a very young Lagasse, but then I got a message, "PBS.org is currently experiencing connectivity issues." EG'ers must be crashing the site!

I reloaded, and now it's back. I clicked on "see all episodes" and now have links to all sixteen. Very cool. Thanks, Shel.

"There is no sincerer love than the love of food."  -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman, Act 1

"Imagine all the food you have eaten in your life and consider that you are simply some of that food, rearranged."  -Max Tegmark, physicist

Gene Weingarten, writing in the Washington Post about online news stories and the accompanying readers' comments: "I basically like 'comments,' though they can seem a little jarring: spit-flecked rants that are appended to a product that at least tries for a measure of objectivity and dignity. It's as though when you order a sirloin steak, it comes with a side of maggots."

"...in the mid-’90s when the internet was coming...there was a tendency to assume that when all the world’s knowledge comes online, everyone will flock to it. It turns out that if you give everyone access to the Library of Congress, what they do is watch videos on TikTok."  -Neil Stephenson, author, in The Atlantic

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." -Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer

I remember watching that series as well as In Julia's Kitchen With Master Chefs and Baking With Julia on PBS back in the 90's. I have the companion books for all three series, there's some good stuff to be found. I've watched the episodes on the PBS site in the past but it's been a while. Might have to revisit them one of these days before they decide to take them down.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.