• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lost dip tray foodsaver

Dennis1404

Oops, not really lost but I forgot my drip tray of the foodsaver v2860 in the dishwasher. Need to cook tomorrow and there is no possibility to go get it. Am I save to but bags in the vacuum channel and use it or should I make a drip tray myself..? 

Depends, I guess. I only seal dry goods or things I froze first then popped into bags, so, I have never gotten anything in my drip tray. (I freeze food in rectangular containers, then pop out the frozen bricks and then vacuum seal. They stack nicely.) You might want to fashion one just in case, from a double layer of foil.

I like Lisa's foil idea, but my impression is the drip tray is more for convenience than anything.  If anything does leak it's  easy to remove the tray and wash it, but I don't think that consideration would stop me if I'd mislaid the tray.

Leslie Craven, aka "lesliec"
Host, eG Forumslcraven@egstaff.org

After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one's own relatives ~ Oscar Wilde

My eG Foodblog

eGullet Ethics Code signatory