• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Smile and Wave!

DrinksRUs

Hi everybody! I'm really glad to be a part of this culinary community where we can all discuss the thing we're all passionate about -- food. 

A bit of background, I grew up in a small family who appreciates good food. Not necessarily expensive dining but hearty, flavourful dishes. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for food so it's unfortunate that I can't further pursue my passion for cooking as a chef but just as a home cook. 

My signature dishes are Buffalo Wings, Baked Mussels, Dynamite, and Chicken Cordon Bleu. :)

I look forward to meeting other food lovers here!

• Like 1

Welcome!  It looks like you've already jumped into the discussions, and that's a great way to meet other members. I have to ask: what, in this context, is Dynamite?  I associate dynamite with explosions in mining and demolition. I do hope you don't mean it to have, er, explosive results in the culinary sense. ;)

• Like 2

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

8 hours ago, Smithy said:

Welcome!  It looks like you've already jumped into the discussions, and that's a great way to meet other members. I have to ask: what, in this context, is Dynamite?  I associate dynamite with explosions in mining and demolition. I do hope you don't mean it to have, er, explosive results in the culinary sense. ;)

Hi! Haha! Not real dynamite here but the flavour is explosive (wink wink). It's basically a green chili you stuff with a mixture of ground beef and ground pork (cooked and seasoned) and cheddar cheese, then wrapped with a wonton wrapper then deep fried. 

It's sooooo good when cooked properly. :)

• Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 8:27 PM, DrinksRUs said:

Hi! Haha! Not real dynamite here but the flavour is explosive (wink wink). It's basically a green chili you stuff with a mixture of ground beef and ground pork (cooked and seasoned) and cheddar cheese, then wrapped with a wonton wrapper then deep fried. what

It's sooooo good when cooked properly. :)

OK  when are you going to make it for me........

what caught my eye was the smile and wave because that is what my bil said to his grandmother at his sisters wedding......well actually it was "Wave to the crowds"

Edited by suzilightning (log)

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites