• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

33 minutes ago, Smithy said:

Along different lines: I think a bourbon/roasted peach sauce over, say, roast pork? would be excellent. Any ideas on that one?

I didn't try adding bourbon, but the peaches worked very well with a roast pork loin.  I adapted this pressure cooker recipe for Hasselback Pork Roast with Apples, Coppa & Sage using peaches, prosciutto and sage.  

The pork gets sliced most of the way through, slices of fruit and cured meat are layered in between, then secured with skewers and string before browning with the sage leaves and then pressure cooking with white wine.  

I had some extra peach slices so I put them in on top of the pork.

Using some of the cooking liquid (not all - it was rather salty from the prosciutto) and bourbon to deglaze the browned bits on the bottom of the pan and adding some of those extra peach slices to make a peach-bourbon sauce as you suggest would be a nice addition.

I just brushed on some ancho chili jam and called it day:

IMG_3525.jpg

IMG_3535.jpg

Edited to add - I posted this over on the Instant Pot thread the other day.  

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

15 minutes ago, Smithy said:

Along different lines: I think a bourbon/roasted peach sauce over, say, roast pork? would be excellent. Any ideas on that one?

I didn't try adding bourbon, but the peaches worked very well with a roast pork loin.  I adapted this pressure cooker recipe for Hasselback Pork Roast with Apples, Coppa & Sage using peaches, prosciutto and sage.  

The pork gets sliced most of the way through, slices of fruit and cured meat are layered in between, then secured with skewers and string before browning with the sage leaves and then pressure cooking with white wine.  

I had some extra peach slices so I put them in on top of the pork.

Using some of the cooking liquid (not all - it was rather salty from the prosciutto) and bourbon to deglaze the browned bits on the bottom of the pan and adding some of those extra peach slices to make a peach-bourbon sauce as you suggest would be a nice addition.

I just brushed on some ancho chili jam and called it day:

IMG_3525.jpg

IMG_3535.jpg