• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Punctuation

Saturday Dinner

Following an afternoon which the team very happily spent playing the sort of silly games which they played when they were just kids and first came together; and eating more water melon and beautiful, sweet yellow peaches which are a speciality of the area, we relocated to this restaurant for dinner.

IMG_3032.jpg

IMG_3303.jpg

Yellow Peaches

Again in random order

IMG_3000.jpg

Loofah with garlic

IMG_3002.jpg

Bitter Melon with Chili

IMG_3003.jpg

Fish Stew with, yep, you got it!

IMG_3006.jpg

Pork Carrot and ...

IMG_3009.jpg

Pickled Daikon Radish (This was also served at lunch, butI forgot to mention it)

IMG_3012.jpg

Fried Peanuts with Dried Fish (what I call minnows)

IMG_3014.jpg

Winter Melon with

IMG_3024.jpg

Dry Pressed Tofu with Hunan Larou (Bacon) and...

IMG_3025.jpg

Cabbage and ...

IMG_3027.jpg

Steamed Buns with Pickled Vegetables

20160730_204939.jpg

The star of the show - the best duck I have ever eaten. Laden with chillies and a deep, deep flavour. Ginger, soy sauce, garlic and a touch of magic.

Next: Sunday Lunch and Dinner

liuzhou

liuzhou

Saturday Dinner

Following an afternoon which the team very happily spent playing the sort of silly games which they played when they were just kids and first came together; and eating more water melon and beautiful, sweet yellow peaches which are a speciality of the area, we relocated to this restaurant for dinner.

IMG_3032.jpg

IMG_3303.jpg

Yellow Peaches

Again in random order

IMG_3000.jpg

Loofah with garlic

IMG_3002.jpg

Bitter Melon with Chili

IMG_3003.jpg

Fish Stew with, yep, you got it!

IMG_3006.jpg

Pork Carrot and ...

IMG_3009.jpg

Pickled Daikon Radish (This was also served at lunch, butI forgot to mention it)

IMG_3012.jpg

Fried Peanuts with Dried Fish (what I call minnows)

IMG_3014.jpg

Winter Melon with

IMG_3024.jpg

Dry Pressed Tofu with Hunan Larou (Bacon) and...

IMG_3025.jpg

Cabbage and ...

IMG_3027.jpg

Steamed Buns with Pickled Vegetables

20160730_204939.jpg

The star of the show - the best duck I have ever eaten. Laden with chillies and a deep, deep flavour. Ginger soy sauce, garlic and a touch of magic.

Next: Sunday Lunch and Dinner