• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner 2016 (Part 7)

mgaretz

On 8/20/2016 at 10:04 AM, FauxPas said:

These are such sad words coming from you, Shelby! So crappy that your garden tomatoes were badly damaged in those storms. :(

Though I'm sure that next year you will be posting lots of pics with descriptions that say, "... made with tomatoes from our garden."    :)

Edited to add: The corn sounds, and looks, delicious! 

Sigh.  Thank you.  I really hope you're right!  I still hold out hope for a small miracle......if it can just stay hot for a while we might get some....but it's not looking so good.

The bought tomato is from someone selling them a few towns over.  I was initially excited to have them....but it's obvious that although they look good, they picked them when they were green as hell so they do not taste anywhere near like homegrown :( 

Host's note: this topic is split into segments in order to reduce the load on our servers; the next segment is here: Dinner 2016 (Part 8).

Edited by Smithy
Added host's note (log)
  • Like 4