• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Ashen

Ashen

3 hours ago, kayb said:

But I must quarrel with you, as a Southerner who loves her grits -- it's CHEESE grits -- never CHEESY. As Mitt Romney found out during the most recent Presidential campaign. :)

No quarrel here , I will just refer to them as Awesome grits from now on. ;)   As a polenta lover pretty much from birth , grits have all that comfort food vibe from childhood while being just that something different enough to make them feel special too.  I had never had truely well made grits until a couple years ago when a friend shared some Anson mills antebellum coarse grits  someone had sent him . I think it was andiesenji that detailed the proper way to cook them when I went searching the forums.   I can't get those anymore but a local bulk store started carrying  some that are very nice.  They have a very strong scent of corn which I find so great about grits as opposed to polenta. 

Ashen

Ashen

2 hours ago, kayb said:

But I must quarrel with you, as a Southerner who loves her grits -- it's CHEESE grits -- never CHEESY. As Mitt Romney found out during the most recent Presidential campaign. :)

No quarrel here , I will just refer to them as Awesome grits from now on. ;)   As a polenta lover pretty much from birth , grits have all that comfort food vibe from childhood while being just that something different enough to make them feel special too.  I had never had truely well made grits until a couple years ago when a friend shared some Anson mills antebellum coarse grits  someone had sent him . I think it was andiesenji that detailed the proper way to cook them when I went searching the forums.   I can't get those anymore but a local bulk store started carrying  some that are very nice.  That have a very strong scent of corn .