• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Rafa

Rafa

A rum-based Manhattan is a Palmetto. A white Palmetto, with blanc vermouth, unaged cane juice rum, and tiki bitters is a nice summertime variation—we have one on the menu at our rooftop bar.

I have a Pusser's-based Brooklyn variation floating somewhere around Kindred. I don't think rum Brooklyns (or Greenpoints or Cobble Hills or Bushwicks or...) are made or called for enough to have common names, but they can be very tasty (as well they should be, featuring rum).

Rafa

Rafa

A rum-based Manhattan is a Palmetto. A white Palmetto, with blanc vermouth, unaged cane juice rum, and tiki bitters is a nice summertime variation—we have one on the menu at our rooftop bar.

I have a Pusser's-based Brooklyn variation floating somewhere around Kindred. I don't think rum Brooklyns (or Greenpointd or Cobble Hills or Bushwicks or...) are made or called for enough to have common names, but they can be very tasty (as well they should be, featuring rum).