• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

Formatting

Very nice report! That sounds like a fun evening indeed.

43 minutes ago, Craig E said:

The El Dorado was also new to me and probably the biggest pleasant surprise of the evening for me. Definitely the winner for value. Makes me want to try their 12 and 15 year rums. 

if you liked El Dorado 5, try to get the 8 instead. It's only a few dollars more and even better, same flavor profile but more intense and complex. It's one of my favorite rums for mixing. The 12 I tend to reserve for sipping because it often gets lost in cocktails.

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

Formatting

19 minutes ago, Craig E said:

The El Dorado was also new to me and probably the biggest pleasant surprise of the evening for me. Definitely the winner for value. Makes me want to try their 12 and 15 year rums. 

if you liked El Dorado 5, try to get the 8 instead. It's only a few dollars more and even better, same flavor profile but more intense and complex. It's one of my favorite rums for mixing. The 12 I tend to reserve for sipping because it tends to get lost in cocktails.

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

13 minutes ago, Craig E said:

if you liked El Dorado 5, try to get the 8 instead. It's only a few dollars more and even better, same flavor profile but more intense and complex. It's one of my favorite rums for mixing. The 12 I tend to reserve for sipping because it tends to get lost in cocktails.