• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Yiasou from Northern California

Yiannos

Hello to all, my name is John. While I sort of fell into cooking out of necessity when I became a stay at home dad about a decade ago, it quickly turned into a passion of mine. Having grown up in a Greek family and all the great food that goes along with that experience has been the foundation for my work in the kitchen day to day. Being that I also spent a good portion of my younger years as a musician, cooking has satisfied that inherent creative itch too, while helping to keep my family healthy and happy. I am excited to have come across the wealth of information that these forums offer. Looking forward to learning and sharing experiences with you all. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Lisa Shock said:

Welcome! What's for dinner?

Thanks! I wish I could say I was throwing together a romantic and Mediterranean meal to tie off my introduction, like a moussaka or pastitsio or something, but the combination of a lazy Saturday and asking the kids what they wanted to eat has led to... nachos.   

Edited by Yiannos
A word (log)
  • Like 8

Thank you all for the warm welcome, I hope I can contribute, I have just scratched the surface here and there are so many members with skills far surpassing my own! Maybe if there is a heated argument about lamb or gyros or something I will throw the gauntlet down.

• Like 3