• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cookbook Collection Pics

pastryani

1 hour ago, pastryani said:

Yes Indeed, @Okanagancook :D  I'll take some more close-up pics and post - any shelf in particular?

I know @blue_dolphin... it's all I can do to not get anymore (mind you, this does not include the stacks of cookie magazines that come out at Christmas and call my name from the stands).  There's something in particular that draws me to cookies - likely it's the quick bake time, the bite-sized bliss, and the variety of possible textures. :x

I am not a baker so you can leave out those shelves unless anyone else wants to see those.  Cheers

• 1 month later...

Guess it's time for me to 'fess up that I have a "few" cook books.  Before my wife died 15 years ago, I had a few baking books and she had a few cook books.  In the interim, I found it comforting to read about all kinds of food and recipes and found a number of economical sources to feed my habit.  I rarely cook or bake directly from a recipe but just use them for ideas and hope for the best.  I have a weakness for large and beautiful cookbooks even if they are less than useful for actually cooking/baking from.  In addition to what you see, I probably have half again as many spread out in my regular library shelves with other books.  Yes, I have slowed down considerably but occasionally find one that I "can't live without."

IMG_0128.JPG

IMG_0129.JPG

IMG_0130.JPG

IMG_0131.JPG

IMG_0132.JPG

IMG_0133.JPG

IMG_0134.JPG

• Like 12