• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

I just picked up my local library's copy.

leafing through it , Id say this is not an exclusive fish cookbook.  

pp 5 :  " in this book Id like to take you on a journey to China's beautiful Lower Yangtze region ...

it seems to have the usual number of Meat , Chicken , Vegetable and noodle Rx's as most cookbooks do.

in the index ' Fish ' gets 17 - 18 , 130 - 52.

Chicken gets 21 entries counting 2 for chicken livers.

duck : get 8 counting 3 for duck eggs.

Eggs :  17

Pork : 44   with a ref see salt pork  ( 7 Rx's )  also under Pork are  ' Black " char sou " pork '   and everyday pork dumplings

nothing in the index under ' Squid '

Stir-Fry :  31.

rotuts

rotuts

I just pick up my local library's copy.

pp 5 :  " in this book Id like to take you on a journey to China's beautiful Lower Yangtze region ...

it seems to have the usual number of Meat , Chicken , Vegetable and noodle Rx's as most cookbooks do.

Pork : 44   with a ref see salt pork  ( 7 Rx's )  also under Pork are  ' Black " char sou " pork '   and everyday pork dumplings

rotuts

rotuts

rotuts

rotuts

leafing through it , Id say this is not a fish cookbook.