• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

spelling

I fear the blimp was turned back at the border.  These are hard times.  Like the little red hen I realized I was going to have to do this myself.  And I did!  With the help of a bottle of Chartreuse.  As everyone here surely knows Chartreuse V.E.P. is shipped in a sturdy wooden case.  Normally the Chartreuse case keeps my bedroom window closed.  But the case is just the height of two stairs.  I used it to support the weight of the Vesta box as I edged the Vesta up the stairs.  Still no picnic nor piece of cake.  Had the case slipped the Vesta would have tumbled down on top of me.  And I'd had no more worry of the virus.

VestaUnleashed04012020.png

Pardon the ambient lighting of my living room.

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

I fear the blimp was turned back at the boarder.  These are hard times.  Like the little red hen I realized I was going to have to do this myself.  And I did!  With the help of a bottle of Chartreuse.  As everyone here surely knows Chartreuse V.E.P. is shipped in a sturdy wooden case.  Normally the Chartreuse case keeps my bedroom window closed.  But the case is just the height of two stairs.  I used it to support the weight of the Vesta box as I edged the Vesta up the stairs.  Still no picnic nor piece of cake.  Had the case slipped the Vesta would have tumbled down on top of me.  And I'd had no more worry of the virus.

VestaUnleashed04012020.png

Pardon the ambient lighting of my living room.