• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

Tonight's dinner was, and the rest of the week's dinner may be, a little weird. I'm off on a trip to Hunan next weekend and am using the opportunity to use up most of the stuff in my overloaded fridge / freezers (three of them!) and prepare to let them defrost while I am away.

So odd combinations. Tonight:

dinner.jpg

Steamed hake with red chili, ginger and garlic chives. Broccoli purée with garlic. Duck fried cubed potatoes with shichimi togarishi.

Looking forward to some of my favourite Hunan food next week.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Tonight's dinner was, and the rest of the week's dinner may be, a little weird. I'm off on a trip to Hunan next weekend and am using the opportunity to use up most of the stuff in my overloaded fridge / freezers (three of them!) and prepare to let them defrost while I am away.

So odd combinations. Tonight:

dinner.jpg

Steamed hake with red chili, ginger and garlic chives. Broccoli purée with garlic. Duck fried cubed potatoes with shichimi togarishi.

Looking for ward to some of my favourite Hunan food next week.