• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Michael Ohene

Michael Ohene

5 hours ago, liuzhou said:

To be fair, your question is very unclear. ....there are many of them out there, more usable and professional.

Like others, I am left unsure what it is you are trying to achieve. Or for whom?

Also, I don't get your ingredient classification at all.

Potatoes are a liquid? Peanut butter is a flour? Vinegar is sugar/salt?

No mention of high gluten wheat flour for breads.

And by the way SAF does more than one type of yeast.

Liuzhou

1)  "What method do you use?" The reasons you gave for not being specific enough are actually reasons for the question not applying to your baking style.

2) Thanks for letting me know this is nothing new. I was unaware there were better online baking tools. Every product/invention has a competitor/prior art so this would be a great point from which to learn. Would you mind sharing a link to any of the professional/more usable sites out there?

3) Potatoes are liquid, yes. Peanut Butter is a flour yes and no, Vinegar, definitely not a salt or sugar. Thanks, got to correct vinegar.

4) No mention of high gluten flours. No, I dont want to confuse people. The high gluten flour would not effect results of this tool since the tool deals with weight of flours only. There are multiple values for weight listed that can be used in place of high gluten flour. Therefore adding high gluten would functionally be redundant.

4) SAF yeast, I have to determine the weights for the different types. Thanks

These are the tough, hard questions I was looking for.

Michael Ohene

Michael Ohene

5 hours ago, liuzhou said:

To be fair, your question is very unclear. ....there are many of them out there, more usable and professional.

Like others, I am left unsure what it is you are trying to achieve. Or for whom?

Also, I don't get your ingredient classification at all.

Potatoes are a liquid? Peanut butter is a flour? Vinegar is sugar/salt?

No mention of high gluten wheat flour for breads.

And by the way SAF does more than one type of yeast.

Liuzhou

1)  "What method do you use?" The reasons you gave for not being specific enough are actually reasons for the question not applying to your baking style.

2) Thanks for letting me know this is nothing new. I was unaware there were better online baking tools. Every product/invention has a competitor/prior art so this would be a great point from which to learn. Would you mind sharing a link to any of the professional/more usable sites out there?

3) Potatoes are liquid, yes. Peanut Butter is a flour yes and no, Vinegar, definitely not a salt or sugar. Thanks, got to correct vinegar.

4) No mention of high gluten flours. No, I dont want to confuse people. The high gluten flour would not effect results of this tool since the tool deals with weight of flours only. There are multiple values for weight listed that can be used in place of high gluten flour. Therefore adding high gluten would functionally be redundant.

4) SAF yeast, I have to determine the weights for the different types. Thanks