• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Thanks for the Crepes

Thanks for the Crepes

@KennethT,

Thanks for this utterly awesome report about your trip to Beijing! I could almost smell some of the delicious food, and in at least one picture, I could see people sort of melting in the oppressive heat. You were so articulate and your images so good, it felt like I was there with you. I'm so glad your wife got to see her friends again, and you got to get to know them and share insights into their food, language and culture. You are so right about folks having more similarities than differences. Good food seems to be an excellent way to lure even more xenophobic people into exploring that idea.

Thanks for the Crepes

Thanks for the Crepes

@KennethT,

Thanks for this utterly awesome report about your trip to Beijing! I could almost smell some of the delicious food, and in at least one picture, I could see people sort of melting in the oppressive heat. You were so descriptive and your images so good, it felt like I was there with you. I'm so glad your wife got to see her friends again, and you got to get to know them and share insights into their food, language and culture. You are so right about folks having more similarities than differences. Good food seems to be an excellent way to lure even more xenophobic people into exploring that idea.