• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breakfast! 2016 (Part 2)

rarerollingobject

Thick slices of brioche, soaked in eggs and raw milk and yuzu syrup, cooked till crisp in clarified butter and then topped with matcha crumble, mascarpone cut with a little whipped white chocolate ganache and more yuzu, freeze dried raspberries, mint and passionfruit curd and freeze dried mandarin segments on the side.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 18

More beans on toast.  Rancho Gordo Alubia Blanca beans tossed with @ElainaA's slow roasted tomato sauce with basil on toasted ciabatta.  A sprinkle of cheese and lightly broiled.

IMG_3623.jpg  

When I first bought these beans, their full name, Alubia Blanca de San José Iturbide, delighted me - such a big long name for such a little bean!  The label has been shortened but the name still makes me smile!

Edited to add:  that slow roasted tomato sauce always makes me smile!

Edited by blue_dolphin (log)
  • Like 15

Not nearly as pretty nor as fancy as @rarerollingobject's, but I had French toast, too.

French toast.jpg

Not my very best ever, because I prefer to use challah. These were sliced from a white sandwich loaf I'd made yesterday, soaked in a farm egg beaten with cream, and fried in butter. What cholesterol?

• Like 13

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

2 boiled eggs with toast. Not pictured - I think you know what boiled eggs look like.

2 cups Kopi Luwak (Civet Cat Poop Coffee) which my dear friend brought me back from her business trip to Indonesia.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kopi luwak (Indonesian pronunciation: [ˈkopi ˈlu.aʔ]), or civet coffee, refers to the coffee that includes part-digested coffee cherries eaten and defecated by the Asian palm civet (Paradoxurus hermaphroditus).

kopi luwak1.jpg

Edited by liuzhou
change image (log)
  • Like 4

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

image.jpeg

Store-bought all-beef sausage roll with some spicy tomato jam. 

• Like 8

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

@blue_dolphin

oooohhhh. That looks incredibly tasty. 

• Like 2

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

image.jpeg

Reheated leek gratin and some tomato jam. 

• Like 11

My 2004 eG Blog