• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

This morning was the first time in more than a month that I was able to get out in the garden and weed on my hands and knees. Some of those weeds were as big around as my thumb and tall as a large dog. It wasn't pretty. In the recent past, I was afraid to weed my shishito peppers because I couldn't see well enough to pick them out from the competition. I had pretty much given them up as lost, but much to my amazement, I found 5 out of 6. As I found each one, I promised them that prison conditions would improve. I would see to it that there was more and better food, they would get more fresh air and sunshine. The 4 pepper plants that had also been showered with neglect, and treated to conditions akin to waterboarding, while still in their seed tray were given a similar pep talk. I told them I would find homes for them all and their lives would improve dramatically. They seemed pretty unimpressed, but I am a man of my word. The commissioner has seen the light, so to speak.

IMG_1352.JPG

IMG_1353.JPG

IMG_1354.JPG

The tomatoes have been troopers through the hard times and are about to start rolling them in.

HC

IMG_1356.JPG

HungryChris

HungryChris

This morning was the first time in more than a month that I was able to get out in the garden and weed on my hands and knees. Some of those weeds were as big around as my thumb and tall as a large dog. It wasn't pretty. In the recent past, I was afraid to weed my shishito peppers because I couldn't see well enough to pick them out from the competition. I had pretty much given them up as lost, but much to my amazement, I found 5 out of 6. As I found each one, I promised them that prison conditions would improve. I would see to it that there was more and better food, they would get more fresh air and sunshine. The 4 pepper plants that had also been showered with neglect, and treated to conditions akin to waterboarding, while still in their seed tray were given a similar pep talk. I told them I would find homes for them all and their lives would improve dramatically. They seemed pretty unimpressed, but I am a man of my word.

IMG_1352.JPG

IMG_1353.JPG

IMG_1354.JPG

The tomatoes have been troopers through the hard times and are about to start rolling them in.

HC

IMG_1356.JPG