• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

Normally, the squash borers would have had their way with my plants by now, but this year, thankfully, it's not the case. The first time I ever cooked squash for Deb, it was politely pushed aside in a motion that, much to her chagrin, I have repeated from time to time to indicate something is distasteful. This year, with a bit of creative seasoning and experimentation she has actually come to enjoy it. I feel like a winner on two fronts.

HC

IMG_1330.JPG

HungryChris

HungryChris

Normally, the squash borers would have had their way with my plants by now, but this year, thankfully, it's not the case. The first time I ever cooked squash for Deb, it was politely pushed aside in a motion that, much to her chagrin, I have repeated from time to time to indicate something that is just distasteful. This year, with a bit of creative seasoning and experimentation she has actually come to enjoy it. I feel like a winner on two fronts.

HC

IMG_1330.JPG