• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElainaA

ElainaA

11 hours ago, Okanagancook said:

great looking garden.  I don't see a comfortable chair over looking your patch from where you can marvel at it's glory in the morning with coffee in hand.  I have such a set up and love my morning survey of what's going on in the garden.

Actually I get a pretty good view from the gazebo behind out house. It looks straight down the hill to the garden. 9_9

We've had some hot weather here (well, hot for this area - high 80's, a few 90's (F)) and it is VERY dry. Some of my greens - arugula, spinach, mizuna, Persian cress - have bolted. But When I choose my lettuce varieties I try to get ones that are tolerant of heat. I usually have useable lettuce into August. 

ElainaA

ElainaA

great looking garden.  I don't see a comfortable chair over looking your patch from where you can marvel at it's glory in the morning with coffee in hand.  I have such a set up and love my morning survey of what's going on in the garden.

Actually I get a pretty good view from the gazebo behind out house. It looks straight down the hill to the garden. 9_9

ElainaA

ElainaA

Actually I get a pretty good view from the gazebo behind out house. I looks straight down the hill to the garden. 9_9