• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

semantics

16 hours ago, kayb said:

During my enforced absence from the garden, which is now just about taken over by grass...

Kayb.

I feel your pain! After recent eye surgery, I was told "No physical exercise of any kind and no bending."  Well, at 6' 5", going into the garden without bending, simply means, go in there, survey the damage, and do nothing. How hard is that?

I have to admit that I have "bent" the rules just a bit, but please, don't tell anyone!

I have weeds invading the weeds! I have an appointment on Friday and hope I am given the go ahead to bend or break the rules a bit more.

I share your views on tomato plants. Mine have just been troopers, but do need a helping hand that I am hoping to be given the green light for on Friday.

HC 

HungryChris

HungryChris

16 hours ago, kayb said:

During my enforced absence from the garden, which is now just about taken over by grass...

Kayb.

I feel your pain! After recent eye surgery, I was told "No physical exercise of any kind and no bending."  Well, at 6' 5", going into the garden without bending, simply means, go in there, survey the damage, and do nothing. How hard is that?

I have to admit that I have "bent" the rules just a bit, but please, don't tell anyone!

I have weeds invading the weeds! I have an appointment on Friday and hope I am given the go ahead to bend or break the rules a bit more.

I share your views on tomato plants. Mine have just been troopers, but do need a helping hand that I am hoping to be given the green light on Friday.

HC 

HungryChris

HungryChris

9 hours ago, kayb said:

Kayb.

I share your views on tomato plants. Mine have just been troopers, but do need a helping hand that I am hoping to be given the green light on, on Friday.

HC