• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Shelby

Shelby

Oh my, everyone's plants look SO good!  

KAY!  Lovely tomatoes.  I can almost taste them.  Sigh.  I'm so jealous.  

On June 22, 2016 at 11:07 AM, HungryChris said:

Shelby, I think anyone who has spent time in the garden can share your pain. It's not how hard you fall, but how well you recover. Wishing you a spectacular recovery!

HC

Thank you Chris!!!

We had another downpour yesterday--thankfully no hail.  A bit of wind but I think everything survived.  I don't want to say it out loud, but *the garden is looking a tiny bit better*<----------said in a whisper.  Some of the corn is upright.  The ones that aren't seem to still be growing ....will they still make ears?  I dunno.  The tomatoes have some new....tiny...but still...leaves on them as do the eggplants.  I have new zucchini showing ( yeah, I'll get some in like October lol)  The peppers....eh....they aren't dead.  The okra is trying super hard.  The garden looks like it should be April lol.  

The rabbits know that my husband has been out of town.   There were NINE sitting in the driveway and putzing around the garden.  NINE.  

Shelby

Shelby

Oh my, everyone's plants look SO good!  

KAY!  Lovely tomatoes.  I can almost taste them.  Sigh.  I'm so jealous.  

On June 22, 2016 at 11:07 AM, HungryChris said:

Shelby, I think anyone who has spent time in the garden can share your pain. It's not how hard you fall, but how well you recover. Wishing you a spectacular recovery!

HC

Thank you Chris!!!

We had another downpour yesterday--thankfully no hail.  A bit of wind but I think everything survived.  I don't want to say it out loud, but *the garden is looking a tiny bit better*<----------said in a whisper.  Some of the corn is upright.  The ones that aren't seem to still be growing ....will they still make ears?  I dunno.  The tomatoes have some new....tiny...but still...leaves on them as do the eggplants.  I have new zucchini showing ( yeah, I'll get some in like October lol)  The peppers....eh....they aren't dead.  The okra is trying super hard.  

The rabbits know that my husband has been out of town.   There were NINE sitting in the driveway and putzing around the garden.  NINE.