• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Deryn

Deryn

I have discovered that up here oregano is the new mint - and should have been grown in a container only. I planted one small plant last year in a sort of 'rock-herb' garden down below my decks above a granite retaining wall. The original plant very much survived the winter and now I am also finding patches of oregano everywhere within 40 feet of it - in the grass, as 'weeds' popping up in a patch of gravel I have been two decks, and anywhere weeds are growing anyway. The only good thing is it smells better than stinkweed I guess. I definitely will never have to buy oregano again either.

Deryn

Deryn

I have discovered that up here oregano is the new mint - and should have been grown in a planter only. I planted one small plant last year in a sort of 'rock-herb' garden down below my decks above a granite retaining wall. The original plant very much survived the winter and now I am also finding patches of oregano everywhere within 40 feet of it - in the grass, as 'weeds' popping up in a patch of gravel I have been two decks, and anywhere weeds are growing anyway. The only good thing is it smells better than stinkweed I guess. I definitely will never have to buy oregano again either.