• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Kalette Plant Beans ?

So I have been a bit neglectful..  and my Kalette plant sprouted what appears to be a few bean pods.

Any help would be appreciated,  are they edible?  Ideas ?

27096171384_3cea2a7b6c_k.jpg

Edited by Paul Bacino (log)

Its good to have Morels

Brassica seed pods, I doubt you'll find the seeds palatable.

• Like 1

~Martin :)

I just don't want to look back and think "I could have eaten that."

Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it!

30 minutes ago, DiggingDogFarm said:

Brassica seed pods, I doubt you'll find the seeds palatable.

What about as a spice, like mustard seeds?

• Like 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

3 hours ago, Paul Bacino said:

So I have been a bit neglectful..  and my Kalette plant sprouted what appears to be a few bean pods.

I always let at least one plant go to seed. I will have volunteers in the fall and will have kale to eat in the winter and into the next spring.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...