• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ricotta Infornato al Limone

Kerry Beal

A couple of years ago at the winter Fancy Food Show in SFO I tasted a 'cheese' they were calling baked lemon ricotta. I found it online here. But my search for a recipe with the same ingredient list led nowhere.

I got a bee in my bonnet recently and started thinking about finding a recipe again. An email to @franci clarified things - she gave it a name and linked me to a Thermomix recipe in Italian that she translated for me.

First trial used commercial ricotta - a soft version - didn't puff much - made a nice consistency but a bit overcooked and dry.

IMG_2387.jpg

So for my second trial I used home made ricotta - let it drain overnight - was quite dry and required the addition of some cream to work with it. 

IMG_2382.jpg

IMG_2383.jpg

IMG_2385.jpg

IMG_2390.jpg

IMG_2391.jpg

These ones baked up a little puffier than I hoped but texture is nice. We've been eating slices with fresh raspberries today.

• Like 11

To be clear, this is certainly not Ricotta Infornato al Limone although it involves ricotta, limone and a forno (a Cuisinart toaster forno, to be specific xD)

A few weeks ago, I made some baked ricotta with lemon and rosemary, similar to this that was flavored with lemon zest, garlic and fresh rosemary.  It got great reviews and a lot of recipe requests from my friends.  I was wondering what a slightly sweet version would be like and was thinking of using lemon zest, rosemary and bit of honey, then remembered I had some lemon-rosemary marmalade in the fridge so I used a spoon of that and some fresh chopped rosemary.  

IMG_3146.jpg

I'd ordinarily serve separate pots of ricotta and jam but combining the flavors like this does make it into something else, something a little special, especially when served warm from the toaster-fornoxD!

If you start with a nice ricotta, I think you could mix in most anything you fancy and end up with a good result.  

• Like 3