• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

A Super Upsetting Cookbook About Sandwiches

Anna N

Not everything about cooking and/or eating needs to be written or read with an abundance of gravitas.  This just-released book by Tyler Kord (of No. 7 restaurant in NY) is a fun read  which makes mincemeat of traditional cookbooks.   Here's a quote 

If you’d like a more detailed recipe for roasted chicken, maybe read a better book than this one. My 1968 edition of Mastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia Child has some words of wisdom on pages 240 to 241.

Irreverence abounds. But it's not without some rather brilliant flavour combinations  and certainly some interesting condiments. Anyone else reading this?

• Like 2

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

• 3 weeks later...

As it happens, I have a coupon that expires today for 20% off at Barnes and Noble.  I've just read a little bit of the book at bn.com and I'm hooked! Thank you AnnaN for the recommendation, I cannot wait for this to arrive!!!