• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

I went to a local steel fabricator to get a pizza steel cut and while I was waiting, I noticed a bin of scrap steel of assorted dimensions, marked down quite a bit. I had them cut my steel from a 1/4 inch (6.35 mm) piece. It weighs close to 30 lbs and you would not want kids or pets around your feet when you move it, but it works very well. I had it cut rectangular, but if I had it to do again, I'd have the corners a little rounded. 

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

I went to a local steel fabricator to get a pizza steel cut and while I was waiting, I noticed a bin of scrap steel of assorted dimensions, marked down quite a bit. I had them cut my steel from a 1/4 inch (6.35 mm) piece. It weighs close to 30 lbs and you would not want kids or pets around your feet when you move it, but it works very well. 

HC