• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

well:

I looked over what they had.  they had a few meatball items w some pasta and such.  they did have a very thick cut pork chop that looked smoked  and some salmon

and the usual beef meat loaf.  the was also a 1/2 small roasted chicken with similar veg   this is food made in their kitchens ...    I really do like  ' a turkey dinner ' so this is the only items Ive tried.  for the record , I picked it myself 

no others involved.  Id say it was B + to A -  dinner food.  not that different.  it was far better than any frozen items they ferried , from ConAgra etc.

it beet any fast food Ive ever had.   I pointed this out to suggest that --  Supermarket-Kitchen made food made fresh  is around and can be satisfying in its own way.

the squash was identical to the kind I make , and the potatoes close :  I leave the skin on and use more butter.  there was nothing  ' institutional ' about either

rotuts

rotuts

well:

I looked over what they had.  they had a few meatball items w some pasta and such.  they did have a very thick cut pork chop that looked smoked  and some salmon

and the usual beef meat loaf.  the was also a 1/2 small roasted chicken with similar veg   this is food made in their kitchens ...    I really do like  ' a turkey dinner ' so this is the only items Ive tried.  for the record , I picked it myself 

no others involved.  Id say it was B + to A -  dinner food.  not that different.  it was far better than any frozen items they ferried , from ConAgra etc.

it beet any fast food Ive ever had.   I pointed this out to suggest that --  Supermarket-Kitchen made food made fresh  is around and can be satisfying in its own way.