• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lunch! What'd ya have? (May 2016–Oct 2016)

Anna N

8 hours ago, rotuts said:

very most excellent.

next time  you are going to go down  1A, do a Clam Crawl ,   in search of Ipswich Clams w Bellies   

freshly dug.

Cape Cod ?

smiley-ptdr.gif

and

tongue-out.gif

OMG, a clam crawl, I'd do that :)

• Like 2

Green (immature) cow peas "shakshuka", with plenty of garlic, some onion and very lightly cooked tomatoes. Flavored with cumin, lots of sumac, a little chili, lemon zest, a touch of anise and coriander. Eggs cooked very soft and served over labneh, with a warm pita to soak the juices as they mix with the cheese.

20161008_123655.jpg

• Like 8

~ Shai N.

One of the (very few) spoils of a long business trip is that you might have a "free" weekend to enjoy Tokyo. It has been 13 years since I studied in Japan and in my free day I have to first pay homage to my spiritual home Kyoto and have a Kansai institution: Tenkaippin's Kotteri Ramen. An ultrathick chicken broth with extra-chewy noodles and all the works. And two draft beers at 2 in the afternoon. God, how I have missed this ...

WP_20161008_15_50_55_Rich.jpg

• Like 16

4 hours ago, shain said:

Roasted butternut squash and sweet potato ravioli.
Filling flavored with toasted almonds, nutmeg, black pepper, and a little amaretto.

Sauced in browned butter, with crisp fried sage, roasted hazelnuts and a little parmesan.

20161004_135928.jpg20161004_141637.jpg

20161004_143807.jpg

Please put me on the list of people who want to have dinner at your house. That is absolutely gorgeous. And the cow pea shakshuka over labneh was inspired!

• Like 6

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

1 hour ago, kayb said:

Please put me on the list of people who want to have dinner at your house. That is absolutely gorgeous. And the cow pea shakshuka over labneh was inspired!

Thank you very much! 

~ Shai N.

On 10/8/2016 at 11:44 AM, shain said:

Thank you very much! 

Perhaps we could make a deal. @kayb could have the cow peas and I would take care of everything else.

Host's note: once again, this topic has grown too large for our servers to handle efficiently without splitting it into parts.  Click here for the next delicious installment!

Edited by Smithy
Added host's note; adjusted topic title (log)
  • Like 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog