• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Road Trip - TX, NM, UT, ID, OR, CA, AZ, TX

On 6/5/2016 at 7:18 PM, Slick said:

If you pass thru Elko, NV (I-80) you will find quite few Basque places and all are good. The area was settled by Basque shepherds. The Ruby Mountains (close by) are unique too. 

Have a safe and fun trip.

That's really interesting info. I love Basque food. I've made it to Mountain Home ID, so didn't get through Elko. Not sure yet which route I'll take home but I've driven through Elko before and had no idea what to look for. Next time I'll know. 

Thanks!

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.