• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rarerollingobject

rarerollingobject

Two observations on the carbonated kimchi: old kimchi gets fizzy anyway. I have a couple of jars in my fridge of various ages, one nearly 2 years old - and it's fizzy. I love it, and kimchi aficionados crave the fizz; it's a very desirable quality that people specifically age kimchi to achieve. The carbonation practice may be a way of speeding that up, to get the coveted fizz - take new kimchi and make it old again! If so, great idea, @zend, love your work and may try it myself.

Secondly, pureed liquid kimchi would be a great addition to a Bloody Mary if you ask me!

rarerollingobject

rarerollingobject

Two observations on the carbonated kimchi: old kimchi gets fizzy anyway. I have a couple of jars in my fridge of various ages, one nearly 2 years old - and it's fizzy. I love it, and kimchi aficionados crave the fizz. The carbonation practice may be a way of speeding that up, to get the coveted fizz - take new kimchi and make it old again! If so, great idea, @zend, love your work and may try it myself.

Secondly, pureed liquid kimchi would be a great addition to a Bloody Mary if you ask me!

rarerollingobject

rarerollingobject

Two observations on the carbonated kimchi: old kimchi gets fizzy anyway. I have a couple of jars in my fridge of various ages, one nearly 2 years old - and it's fizzy. I love it, and kimchi aficionados crave the fizz. The carbonation practice may be a way of speeding that up, to get the coveted fizz - take new kimchi and make it old again!