• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

pictures dissapeared

I spent more than a few years struggling to make ends meet and still pride myself in many of the efforts I took in doing so. Always on the lookout for a bargain, I ate many a turkey leg and chicken pot pie that were offered at a good price. Money isn't the issue it was then, but old habits die hard and when I see chicken leg quarters on sale for 49 cents a pound, I like to think I am still up to the challenge and I want to try something new. Here you have my latest effort.

I give you the chicken leg quarter:

Chicken leg quarter.jpg

Trimmed of excess skin, fat and back bone:

Trimmed.jpg

Boned out almost complete (this is a task that improves with practice):

Boned.jpg

All that is left is to pan fry the cutlet in a little butter, salt, pepper and garlic. When it is just about done, a splash or two of cream sherry to form a pan sauce and you have an entry fit for a dinner party.

HC

Pan fried.JPG

HungryChris

HungryChris

pictures dissapeared

I spent more than a few years struggling to make ends meet and still pride myself in many of the efforts I took in doing so. Always on the lookout for a bargain, I ate many a turkey leg and chicken pot pie that were offered at a good price. Money isn't the issue it was then, but old habits die hard and when I see chicken leg quarters on sale for 49 cents a pound, I like to think I am still up to the challenge and I want to try something new. Here you have my latest effort.

Chicken leg quarter.jpg

Trimmed.jpg

Boned.jpg

All that is left is to pan fry the cutlet in a little butter, salt, pepper and garlic. When it is just about done, a splash or two of cream sherry to form a pan sauce and you have a entry fit for a dinner party.

HC

Pan fried.JPG

HungryChris

HungryChris

Chicken leg quarter.jpg

Trimmed.jpg

Boned.jpg

All that is left is to pan fry the cutlet in a little butter, salt, pepper and garlic. When it is just about done, a splash or two of cream sherry to form a pan sauce and you have a entry fit for a dinner party.

HC

Pan fried.JPG

HungryChris

HungryChris

Chicken leg quarter.jpg

Trimmed.jpg

Boned.jpg

HC

Pan fried.JPG

HungryChris

HungryChris

Chicken leg quarter.jpg

Trimmed of excess skin and fat and back bone:

Trimmed.jpg

Boned.jpg

HC

Pan fried.JPG