• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

In photos: Porto, Portugal.

Portugal is one of my 3 favourite countries and I plan to see every corner of it. This is from my 10 day visit to Porto (and a couple of other places in the area on day trips).

04:20min long, has sound (can be muted via your speaker icon)

iYtKh0l.jpg

Full screen quality is possible, I think.

Edited by BonVivant (log)
  • Like 9

Mmmmmmmm.    Custard tarts and caldo verde.  How very fortunate you are to have access to such amazing food.

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

The food in your video brought back many memories of my visit there many years ago. Glad to see that between that time (in the 70s) and 2012 not much appears to have changed in the culinary repertoire of Portugal - my favorite European country.

Thank you. I am salivating - and I am sure I will, as a result, gain a pound or two, without even a taste unfortunately.

Edited by Deryn (log)

My husband has a photo of Porto as his screen saver.  Your pictures will make him drool.  I suspect you 

have the world's most traveled rooster too.  Spotting  him is like playing Where's Waldo with a cool chicken.  

• Like 3

Thanks, everyone.

Another thing I like about wine producing and drinking countries is their wine section in the supermarket. 30 metre long aisles, no make it 50 metres. The selection is staggering, which is mostly domestic wines. Chile and Argentina are the same.

Ate 2.2kg of perceves in Porto. It's a lot cheaper than in Spain. Local fishermen collect them only 10km down the coast.

I bring something for the photos on every trip (but half of the time I don't remember to use it). I also like to use postcards.

VIB7riE.jpg

W8ROGdT.jpg

• Like 4