• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

A week in Denia & Alicante, Spain. In photos.

A few things I ate during my visit to the Costa Blanca. Video clip is 4min long and has sound. Watch it in full screen mode if you can.

s4HR7fQ.jpg

(I also have Porto and Cologne. Can post them if there's an interest.)

Edited by BonVivant (log)
  • Like 14

The pictures are great. Thanks for the captions and the tour in general. :) I am jealous that you got to experience all that lusciousness and I didn't (other than vicariously). By Porto - you mean Portugal's Porto? If so, yes, I would love to see that (but will keep my sound off).

I could have done without that muzak - but, perhaps I am just a bit disappointed there because when you said it had sound, I thought you would be describing everything with your own voice - and the music choice did remind me a bit of too many food related 'interludes' on the Canadian Gusto channel.  (Please note: Not a criticism - just a comment).

@BonVivant

Thanks so much for posting.  I could feel my cheeks getting greener and greener with envy. What wouldn't I do have some good  what wouldn't I do for some good pan con tomate

• Like 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Thank you, BonVivant, for sharing your experiences with us here!

Lovely photography and videography, as usual. I, for one, would love to see Porto, Cologne, and anything else you care to offer, so there is a definite interest on my part, at least. I find it hard to believe that others on the site wouldn't be interested as well. Please post all you can take the time and effort for, and thanks again. :x

I did like the music accompanying your video montage, but like Deryn, more info would have been most welcome as well.

@BonVivant, There's a frame in your video captioned, "Wonderful Salted Seafood". Is that skate wing I see with the label "Bull" 10.00 KG?

> ^ . . ^ <

Yum! Tomatoes are my favourite fruit / veg also - I have a tomato bowl instead of a fruit bowl for snacking.

Brought back nice memories of our travels around Jerez and Sevilla at New Year, so much yumminess :)

• Like 1

Thank you so much, everyone.

I used to keep trip photos on a site in chronological date order. Not much time for that in recent years, unfortunately.  I will try to get more photos sorted out whenever possible.

As for the unknown salted seafood, I immediately thought it was ray wings but who knows what it could be. They speak Valencian, apparently, which is not exactly Catalan.

For most people it's France, for me it's Spain.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

I am sure the food is wonderful but I just want the plates! Sucker for pottery. Lucky you! Oh and Alicante is my friend's second home - met her husband there

Edited by heidih (log)
  • Haha 1